Barrhaven is a rapidly growing suburban neighborhood about 17 km southwest of downtown. Barrhaven is surrounded by rural and farmland, with the exception of the growing Riverside South area across the Rideau. Directly south of Barrhaven is Manotick.
Barrhaven real estate has a very uniform feel and almost every street consists of town houses with some streets featuring singles as well as urban flats. The area contains several Catholic and public schools (see below), and numerous parks and playgrounds, mainly built since 2000. It is also home to the Walter Baker Sports Centre, a popular centre which contains a library amongst other facilities.
As of 2010, there is a strip mall on 3 of the 4 corners of the intersection at Strandherd and Greenbank, with a cinema, several grocery stores, Wal-Mart, a book store, Staples, Winners and Sport Check among others.
- Old Barrhaven
- Strandherd Meadows, the infill development extending Old Barrhaven to Strandherd Drive
- Half Moon Bay, new neighborhood under development along Cambrian Road, west of Greenbank, east of Highway 416 and south of the Jock River
- Longfields, south of Fallowfeild, west of Woodroffe
- Davidson Heights, east of Woodroffe Avenue
- Chapman Mills, bounded by Prince of Wales to the south/east, Woodroffe to the west
- Winding Way, east of Prince of Whales Dr.
- Stonebridge, located between Jockvale Rd and Prince of Wales
- Barrhaven Mews, new community under construction between Strandherd and the Jock River
- Barrhaven On The Green, located between Jockvale Road and Greenbank
- Havenlea, east of Woodroffe Avenue, south of Crestway Drive
- Hearts Desire, located along the Jock River near Jockvale Rd.
- West Pointe Village, located between Cedarview Rd., Fallowfield Rd., Strandherd Rd. , and the Rail tracks
Barrhaven Public Schools
Barrhaven Catholic Schools